Cut-out embellished silhouettes with traditional white and gold-highlights
Commissioning embellished silhouettes
You do not need to visit our studio.
You’ll find posing for a silhouette portrait online an enjoyable process! This will be arranged for you via a Zoom link.
Finishing the silhouette takes time, and your involvement in the process will be crucial to a successful commission. We make this really easy for you with our five-stage commissioning process.
@silhouettist five-stage commissioning process
This is the process we will follow to make your portraits. Please read and be prepared to take part.
- You place an order, optionally attaching some reference photos after you check out
- We invite you to choose a date and time for a virtual portrait sitting
- if no suitable studio day is coming up, we’ll schedule a bespoke sitting for you (dependant on Charles’ availability)
- you can ask Charles to work from photographs only, but please read the relevant terms and conditions first
- Once we agree a date and time for a sitting, you will meet Charles and pose for him at a Zoom meeting
- during the sitting Charles will cut your silhouette, make some sketches for highlights, and take a screen shot of the pose
- After the sitting he’ll finish your silhouettes. He’ll then send a proof photo by email for your comment or approval
- Charles will make any necessary alterations before sending a second (usually final) proof for approval
- Once you’re pleased with the result, Charles will mount the silhouette on a suitable card. He’ll then sign and deliver it to you, together with a stamped certificate of authenticity
- we include tracked worldwide delivery in the fee
The whole process may take time, dependant on Charles’ schedule and your own participation. If you need these silhouettes for a particular date (eg: an anniversary or birthday) please let us know when you place the order.
There are no reviews yet.